Eyakkam Dance Company
Eyakkam Dance Company is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit dance company based in Dallas-Fort Worth, and registered in the State of Texas.
Mission:Eyakkam Dance Company is formed for the promotion and development of the arts, fostering collaboration between artists, and imparting artistic education and promoting talent in the performing arts, including through, among other things, Indian classical dance, and to conduct any and all lawful activities that may be useful in accomplishing the foregoing.
Eyakkam :The word eyakkam in the Indian Classical Language Tamil means movement, which could refer to physical movement, musical movement, movement for a cause (revolution), or to move others. In addition to practicing, performing, and teaching Bharatanatyam and activities surrounding Bharatanatyam such as yoga, strengthening and flexibility for people of all ages, we use Bharatanatyam to connect at a deeper level with the audience and engage in current issues surrounding the human condition.
- Dr. Prathiba Natesan – Founder/Chairperson/Principal Dancer
- Annam Subramanian – Board Member/Principal Dancer
- Lavanya Govindarajan – Board Member/Principal Dancer
- Dr. Uttara Asha Coorlawala – Board Member
- Dr. Shankar P. Bhattacharyya – Board Member
- Dr. Lavanya Rajagopalan – Board Member
- Neha Verma – Secretary